All the MeetUp members gathered at Compare Knowledge Center Kolkata at Ray’s IT Park at 9:00 a.m. for attending the 46th Kolkata Chapter of Social Media Breakfast. The discussion revolved around the topic “Deal or No Deal?” It was a good discussion on the prospects of the deal sites that are coming up in increasing numbers and offering different kinds of deals and offers with attractive discounts. All the MeetUp members shared their personal experiences and insights with great enthusiasm. Almost everyone agreed that the concept of group buying and deal buying is steadily foraying into the Indian market and may pose threats to small businesses.
The following points were discussed during the session:
- Deal sites are offering deals in restaurants, beauty parlors, spas, extreme sports, cinema tickets, and entertainment.
- Deal sites are using social media platforms like Facebook to promote their deals and offers.
- Customers should develop awareness about the pros and cons of deal sites.
- Customers should check the terms and conditions of the deal sites cautiously because people have bitter experiences with certain deal sites.
- Currently, Snapdeal is the market leader among all the deal sites.
- The level of customer satisfaction might vary from one deal site to another.
- Brand awareness is important in deal sites. Customers should check how good the brands are.
- Deal sites are location based and they are now operating in various cities inIndia.
- Social networking platforms like Facebook are working as good advertising domains for deal sites.
- Deal sites are still at a nascent stage inIndiabut the popularity is growing slowly.
- Group buying is a trend where people don’t judge the quality of the goods too much.
- Deal sites are following the discount coupon concept of group buying sites.
- Deal sites are cropping up almost everywhere and posing threats to small businesses.
The 46th SMBTS Kolkata Chapter wrapped up with everyone consenting that deal sites are offering deals in limited areas and there is ample space for them to grow inIndia.
Maps of India Team