Archive for July, 2010
Social Media Breakfast has now become the part of everybody’s life.
This Friday morning breakfast started with most debatable and interesting topic “TWITTER VS FACEBOOK , which is more useful and effective for Business” organized by Twitsnaps.com at Compare Infobase Ltd office at Janakpuri.
This time we live streamed this amazing discussion which you can check at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8449953
We started this discussion in which we had two teams one was supporting Facebook and other one was supporting Twitter.
Facebook supporters were Neha Kulwal, Harleen Kaur, Shubhangi Gupta, Saumya Agarwal
Twitter supporters were Simarprit Singh, Puneet Bajaj, Neerja Bhaskar, Ashutosh Pandey, Komal Puri, Hitesh Mathpal, Prashanta Roy
Everybody was given a chance to speak for 2 mins as why they support facebook or twitter and how it is useful for their businesses.
Here we came with following points:
• Twitter has great reach to anywhere, to anybody and, in that respect, is also analogous to a pure search engine; another way to find people and content all over the Net.
• To promote something Twitter is extremely valuable as you get instantaneous response and it seems that you are live somewhere between the worlds of email, instant messaging and blogging.
• Twitter quickly build brand awareness and a loyal following, especially among the technically adept; bloggers, online marketers etc
• Reach far beyond your inner circle of friends
• Very interactive, extensible messaging platform with open APIs and has applications like twitsnaps.com where you can share pictures.
• Anyone can follow anyone and thus you can update , link to promote anything, your product will have more reach to customers
• Many to Many model make it more effective for business perspective.
• Facebook is a platform or an interface where you can manage all your online social interaction needs with facebook chats, marketplace and fan pages etc.
• Facebook is more Visual and interactive based so it is much more effective for businesses where your visual presence is more important.
• Facebook Marketplace has come up with many to many models and thus it has more reach to potential customers.
• People can quickly grasp the value of connecting with friends, family and established contacts and thereby helpful where business is local and small scale.
• Has strong viral effect which can help you in promoting your product easily.
• Facebook has huge, rapidly growing installed user base and thus it is a market place for businesses where reference plays a strong role.
• Constant engagement, third party applications, “gift giving” and personal data collection make Facebook a powerful advertising platform.
In the end, both Twitter and Facebook are important and effective social media tools in their own way and it depends on the objective of the business as one can be more effective than other .Both will continue to evolve and it depends on you in which best way you can use these tools for promoting your product.
This blog is written by Neha Kulwal, SMB group member from Compare Infobase
And it was the 12th Social Media Breakfast on 16th july 2010 !
The topic was – “Best Social Media Practices and Case Studies”. The topic was very exciting and a good scope of research for social media geeks of SMB group.
Topic started by Kaushik, he explained his expectations from this SMB and gave the example of STARBUCKS. Yeah, the start up couldn’t be better then this.
The discussion was taken by Puneet in a different shape when he pointed the examples of DELL. It was a very good example of customer satisfaction and social media marketing.
We ordered yummy south Indian meal in between.
Hitesh , pointed on small business promotion by twitter having the bites of DAHI BADA. He told about the movie promotions done by bollywood actors on twitter and facebook too.
Simar , a twitter geek , explained the usage of twitter and gray shades of facebook. He wave several examples of his own incubation which are doing great by the help of twitter like headlinesindia and twitsnaps.
Though, the environment became little hot when some facebook loyalists became disagree with Simar in a leadership of Neerja.
Finally , the conclusion was made that twitter is wide and facebook is close. (though the disagreements are still there)
Harbinder Mehara a new mwmber of SMB , gave some case studies of US and India academic institutes , those who are using social media for there promotion.
Sangeeta and Shubhangi added views with their experience of using twitter and facebook.
It was a great SMB overall. New learning , new thoughts and new ideas. Are you joining the next one?