On the 45th Social Media Breakfast hosted by Twitsnaps, owned by Compare Infobase at Cafe Coffee Day, the topic “Handling multiple Digital Assets of the Organisation using tools like Hootsuite, TweetDeck is useful?” was discussed over steaming cappuccinos. The MeetUp strongly expressed concern over sharing passwords of Corporate accounts on common platforms like Hootsuite and Tweetdeck. Lets see what were the other interesting points discussed during the MeetUp.
Following were the points that were of primary concern during the course of the discussion:
• A big no to automated handling of digital profiles. If updates are automated, it will portray the profile as a spammer.
• Social media is for pleasure not for pain. Social Media / Networking is all about connecting and building relationships hence auto updates do not serve the purpose.
• TweetDeck and HootSuite are suitable for monitoring and analysing various social media profiles through a same platform.
• Timely updates and responses show transparency and credibility of the profile, hence personal attention is ideal. Keeping a dedicated person to go through the responses and updates will be really fruitful as far as relationship building is concerned.
• The tone of the Posts cannot be same on various social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. Each social media network has different audience and for different purpose.
Concluding the 45th SMBTS MeetUp, it can be summed up that profiles that are basically for self-updation purpose can use applications like Hootsuite. These profiles just want to gather information. If strong long term relationships are to be built then it is ideal to have a person handle the accounts manually.
– Priya Chandrakanth
Corporate Communications Executive
Compare Infobase Limited.