The newest edition of the Kolkata chapter of SMBTS centered on the topic of trends that would be making their presence felt in the domain of social media in 2011.
Following are the major pointers from the discussions:
• Companies may ask possible employees regarding their presence in social media
• Location based marketing to be employed on an increasing basis
• Usage of GPS and advanced mobile technologies to come into play
• Video sharing platforms would go up
• Social media footprints would be measured using sentiment analyses
• Social media sites would be looking to get a hang of the potential of their users through more question and answer sites.
• More branded content would be used
• Social media service providers would be more purposeful in their engagements
• The term social would be done away with and sites would play the role of media.