The Google+ fever is spreading like wildfire! Most of us in the MeetUp group are loving the G+ experience! With the new Google interface especially the Tab, they have managed to bring all the Google utilities onto one single window. It gives a-window-in-a-window-feel. “Google has shrunk your world into a toolbar” is what we discussed at the 64th Social Media Breakfast. The Social Media Breakfasts are sponsored by Twitsnaps.com, a Compare Infobase Limited project.
Following are the points discussed during the discussion
- The group agreed that the world has shrunk considerably by Google by integrating various utilities like, G+, Gmail, Youtube etc
- Few members also felt that Google.com may not be the world for few, as they might have already bookmarked their favourite sites and may use Google.com just as a browser.
- The appearance of Google toolbar is pleasant that it does not affect the users attention.
- Customization of the toolbar will be an add to the user satisfaction. The user if allowed to drag and drop the utilities he wants on to the tool bar, he will find it extremely time saving and interesting.
- The effect of +1 makes a difference in search results.
- When there has been an integration, like the G+ notification, Gmail and others must have notifications so that it is easy for the user.
- It is to be seen whether Google will incorporates E Commerce sites like Ebay or Amazon or come up with their own E Commerce site.
- Google can develop a new revenue model if they put up a store and charge for their products.
The session of SMBTS was rich in ideas and food! The MeetUp group started liking the new venue and is looking forward for many more MeetUps at the office. Google by bringing in all the utilities at one stop has surely made the world shrink considerably. Google.com is just next to the Perfect now!
To view pictures you may visit our Fan Page or click http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.237104769644191.57427.190122137675788&l=eb19824213&type=1
– Priya Chandrakanth
Corporate Communications Executive
Compare Infobase Limited