The 73rd Social Media Breakfast-Are Current changes on face book justified? Is it helping users? Will it Help facebook counter the growing popularity of G+
These days whenever you log in to the facebook , do you find any changes ???
The race between Face book and Google+, the two powerful social media giants heats up as Facebook makes necessary changes .Will this be a threat to Google+?So here We discussed this topic: Are current changes on facebook justified? Is it helping users? Will it help Facebook counter the growing popularity of G+?
The members who were present for the Meetup were Simar, Neha, Kaushik,Mani, Daman ji, Komal Eshu ,Nupur, Ashish ,Maryann and Soumya.
Points of discussion, which supported that Yes Facebook has made few changes and it, can be a threat to google+
It’s a new marketing hook up as users now has the ability to post comments to blogs using their profiles
Facebook being the most successful social networks need to make changes so as to give people new and interesting things all the time.
It will not loose its credibility
If a User is getting all the same functions of G+ on facebook why will he/she switch to Google.
Changes which has taken place on facebook:
- Ticker: Now you can see and chat with your friends about photos, articles, and other things they’re posting in real-time.
- The photos you share on Facebook are bigger ,giving you quicker access to more detailed images
- Friend list’s are optional now
- It has increased the status update character limit.
- You can get a Subscribe button on your profile if you want to share your updates with more than your friends.
Points discussed on that Goggle + has an edge over facebook:
- Google+ does not have any annoying applications
- The chats are much better in Google+ than in facebook
- Hangouts which is Google+ latest development is far better than Facebook’s chats
- With google”s circles you can organize your Friends list
- Sparks helps you find content of your own choice
We concluded on this point that It’s uncertain whether face book will able to retain it’s users or not, as changes are made very frequently. But yes it’s giving a tough time to Goggle