Archive for November, 2011
Smart Phones=Smart Idea!
Walking Down the street, mall you will find one or the other person on their mobile phones. Smart phones have definitely changed the way we live. Smart Phones today are better described as multimedia gadgets, as they offer lot of services at one time.
Why it is called as Smart Phones? That’s because they can do many things, receive calls, play games surf Internet, and send pictures and many more. These phones have shrunk the world completely, sitting in the office you can be connected to your friends, and you can talk to your family anytime anywhere.
The Idea of Smart Phones came because more and more and people are switching to Internet over the past few years. Each and Every individual wants to be connected and updated about what’s going around the world, smart phones gives user an interface where he/she can browse to Internet at any point of time.
Smart Phones have become a must for professionals; it has made their life much easier. Even if you are out on dinner and suddenly your boss calls up, within seconds you can reply back and revert back to all his mails. Social connectivity a part of our daily routine life, without twitter and facebook accounts life seems to be empty and if you get all that connectivity on your mobile phone, what’s better than that!
I-Phones and I-Pads are the latest trend this year, more and more people are leaving behind their old handsets and moving to a newer and a smart technology. I-Pad has become hot favorite for every gadget freak and technology addict and when you get iPod and Internet browser into one handheld gadget, why wouldn’t one want to switch onto them. With their photos, music, videos, friends and news at their fingertips, they won’t have to leave any of it behind when they’re away from home or the office.
California based Nexscience today introduces Scan, Print & Fax 1.0, their new business utility for iOS. Designed for individuals and small businesses, Scan, Print & Fax turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod into a handy scanner, fax or an air printer in your pocket. It lets you scan multi-page documents, convert documents to PDF, print it to any printer in your WiFi network, email it to someone, post it to Google Docs or fax it to any fax number, directly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Smart Phones have definitely changed the way we live and think ,they are advancing rapidly giving threat to other phones.!
The 58th Social Media Breakfast: What’s the future of Indian Mobile Story
The 58th Social Media Breakfast session was a nice and enjoyable knowledge sharing session. The MeetUp members gathered at CKCK in Ray’s IT Park at 6:30 p.m. to participate in the discussion of the 58th Kolkata Chapter of SMBTS. The topic of the discussion was What’s the future of Indian Mobile Story and it drew a significant amount of attention and zeal. All the MeetUp members made contribution to the discussion with their personal viewpoints.
India as a developing country is yet to undergo the mobile application revolution which has already taken place in the western countries with 3G networking and Smartphones. This is despite the fact that India has the second biggest mobile subscriber’s base in the world after China. This is the first occasion (November 2011) when Google, Apple, and Microsoft are promoting their best range of Smartphones in India. Smartphones are substituting personal computers as main gadgets which might mark the beginning of a post PC epoch. In addition, 3G networks in India are getting impetus.
The following points were discussed in the 58th Kolkata Chapter of SMBTS:
- Tablets are going to be the catchphrase in the coming few years. They are going to rule the Indian mobile industry.
- Brands like Samsung, HTC and ZTE are emerging with a variety of tablets to rule the mobile market in India.
- Of late, Aakash has been launched in the country. It is a low-cost tablet and has been considered as a groundbreaking effort in the Indian mobile industry.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Rajasthan devised Aakash in collaboration with Datawind and Quad is manufacturing the tablet.
- The cost of 3G is expensive and this might prevent users to go for it in the beginning. Nonetheless, the price will come down with competition.
- Mobile service providers will be emphasizing on features like Java/BREW-based applications, MMS content, mobile gaming software and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- There is still plenty of scope for the development of mobile telephony in rural areas. However, networking is a major issue.
- Uneven population might hinder mobile Internet in village areas.
- Mobile internet is already growing very fast in India and will get a considerable boost with 3G telephony.
- People need to get more literate and aware to get the real advantage of mobile Internet and telephony which is going to rise in India.
- Data usage rates in India can work as a restraint to the extension of mobile Internet.
Maps of India Team