Archive for December, 2016
We work for joy; joy of all our stakeholders. And we definitely second the thought of Mr. Vineet Nayar (former CEO HCL Technologies) which states that ‘Employee First, Customer Second’.
To ensure that the team at Compare gets a healthy, safe and fun environment to thrive, the HR policies and initiatives have been crafted accordingly. We have time and again fine-tuned our processes to foster a welcoming culture.
Herein we would like to discuss few of these initiatives which are our USP and have contributed immensely to the development of our organization.
1. Food: One of the basic needs of mankind. At Compare we lay great importance on serving quality and hygienic food. And this food is available to the individuals at a highly subsidized cost. Snacks and Masala Tea are also served at the workstation. Our MD himself ensures that the weekly menu is a combination of healthy and balanced meals. Regular food surveys are conducted to get valuable feedback and to improve upon the offerings.
2. Flexi-Timing: We are all in for work-life balance and want to ensure that members do not take undue stress. Previously we had fixed office time and we often noticed members rushing to office to avoid late entry. At times of delay due to personal emergency the members used to be upset. To find a feasible solution we introduced the flexi-timing; now members have to spend stipulated number of hours at office. Individuals can now plan their day according to their professional and personal commitments. And as a result of this initiative, at the end of the day we have a highly motivated workforce.
3. Leave Flexibility: The paid holidays have been divided into categories of casual leave, medical leave and earned leave. There is flexibility in the number of leaves one can have in CL and EL based on individual requirement.
4. Work From Home: In case of medical requirement and constraints individuals are allowed to work from home too. And the number of days are not restricted; it is completely based on the genuine requirement of the individual.
5. Recreation: We celebrate our people; we celebrate their birthdays, wedding anniversaries and work anniversaries. The organization celebrates all the major festivals at workplace. The month-end celebration brings everyone together for moments of fun and enjoyment. There are regular competitions like Chess, Carrom, Ludo and Scrabble to help everyone unwind.
6. Sexual Harassment Policy: As per NASSCOM guidelines we have a prevention of sexual harassment at workplace policy. We value each and every employee working with us and wish to protect their dignity and self-respect. The organization has zero tolerance for offence of this nature and it has taken tough actions in the past as well, resulting in the immediate termination of the offenders.
7. Appreciation: We have recently introduced another strategy to appreciate and motivate the team at Compare with the ‘Appreciation at Workplace’ project. The objective is to give a thumbs-up and a pat on the back on the spot to the ones deserving the appreciation. We go about it in a way so that the surprise element is retained.
We have and we will continue to add more blossoms to the bouquet of initiatives to create a workplace which touch the lives of all the members and the sweet fragrance of Compare’s memory is etched in their minds forever.
Corporate Social Responsibility has found a prominent place in the policy framework of almost all the big organizations. It is imperative that businesses understand and appreciate the fact that they have moral and social obligations towards the society. And it is encouraging to know that more and more organizations are rising up to the responsibility.
Businesses are increasingly becoming ‘triple bottom line’; and this gained momentum recently with the passage of the Companies Act, 2013, and the two percent Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) clause. Describing CSR, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) stated that it was “a way of conducting business, by which corporate entities visibly contributed to the social good.” If we talk about Compare Infobase Ltd.; even before the term “CSR” was introduced we have been finding ways to do our share and give back to the society and make this a better world.
The organization has time and again hired on rolls differently abled individuals. We have never showed any reluctance in associating ourselves with differently abled talent. One of our employees with hearing impairment is with us for more than 10 years now; and he continues to contribute towards the business operations. There have been many others like him who have worked with us and then moved out for better opportunities. One of them was trained by us and has been successfully placed in a government job.
We have been associated with ‘Family Of Disabled(FOD)’ for over 15 years now. Family of Disabled (FOD) is a registered not-for-profit organization serving persons with disabilities since 1992. FOD strives to enable disabled people with low socio-economic status earn their livelihood, promote quality education amongst children, encourage artists and artisans with disabilities to showcase their talent and create awareness on issues related to disability. Compare Infobase has been extending its support in all ways; also providing our full support in organizing their yearly exhibition, ‘Beyond Limits’.
The promoter and MD of Compare, Mr. Simarprit Singh is associated in his personal capacity with Shaheed Major Vikram Yadav Trust, which is a social endeavor in loving memory of a proud and brave son of India who gave the prime sacrifice of his life for his nation. Shaheed Major Vikram Yadav Trust has its core in values which Major Vikram had cherished and propagated: Pride (Nationalism), Peace, Agility, Ability and Progress for all. This trust has been established with the motto to provide educational support to deserving students who are unable to pay for their education. Compare Infobase Ltd. also plays a supporting role in this endeavor of Mr. Simarprit Singh.
The organization has also supported St. Stephen’s Hospital in building their website. This has further aided the hospital in taking their charitable initiatives across geography.
The organization has extended technical support for a project specially designed for drought relief and goes by the name http://www.dogoodnow.in/. It is a project initiated by a group of professionals from software industry and from rural development who have decided to explore the possibility of setting up an Information Technology platform to help the people affected by drought. Both our directors Mr. Simarprit Singh and Mr. Sharad Poddar and the entire technology team are supporting the project.
Compare Infobase Ltd. has always tried to ensure that the human angle is not forgotten while doing business. The organization chooses to go beyond the professional front and practice empathy with its employees. The efforts of the organization to ensure well-being of the society at large is not driven by any tax benefit agenda; it is purely driven by ‘Empathy’. We are so very proud of our management which has always inculcated a culture of giving back to the society.